Friday, August 1, 2008

Long time comin....

Been on a bit of a roller coaster for the last month and a half or so. I finalized my string of 180man sng's and finished with a nice profit for myeslf and my backers. Original bankroll started at $550 and ending bankroll at $1195.20. I made a donation of $32.26 to Colombianitos (5% of the profits) and gave a 70% return to my backers and was able to add $225 to my bankroll from the quest.

Now, that was the good news. On the bad side of things, I went through a very rough downswing at NL. I finally realized that I was trying to make too much happen with unmade hands and have shifted my focus a little over the last 2 weeks. Trikkur's most recent video found [url=http://www.pokertrikz.com/videos/Trik31%20-%2020NL%20Red%20Star.wmv]Here[/url] really drilled some things home for me. I am learning to believe people when they bet! I watched it about 2 weeks ago and I have to say that my game has improved quite a bit, well at least my profits have. My last 18k hands I have run at almost 3bb/100 which I am perfectly happy with for the moment. If I can continue with that over the next 50k hands or so, I'll feel a lot better about my game and be ready to move back to 50nl. I've also cut back on the number of tables I'm playing for the most part until I am confident in my overall playing. So, the goal for this month is to rack up 50k hands and run at ~3ptbb/100. That should add roughly $750 to my bankroll and I should catch another $300ish from rakeback.

Current bankroll stands at $729.13.

No comments: