Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Shots at 200nl!

Well, I played my first session of 200nl yesterday. I didn't play a lot of hands and only played one table to focus intently on that one as I slowly try and move into some real money. I was able to get in 224 hands and finished up $103 overall after I doubled a mega fish up with A6s vs his 77 for a $250 pot. We ended up all in pre as I was priced in to call his shove (long story) and I missed but would have done the same thing again. The only questionable spot was when I 4bet an obvious squeeze which I probably should have just let it go. Oh well, live and learn. I'm also realizing how much table selection is going to play a part in this as there seemed to be 5 descent/good players focussing on the uberfish and we pretty much stayed out of each others way. Overall, it was a positive experience and I'm looking forward to getting many more hands in and going to focus on playing solid poker.

FT: $3443.29
Stars: $661.98

Total: $4,105.27

No comments: