Friday, June 19, 2009

Stupidity gets you nowhere

Every once in a while, I find myself getting the itch to play limit poker again. I really don't know why, but I do. I played limit poker for so long and gave it up because the game had gotten much tougher and I went from being a solid winning player to being a losing player and that was when I switched over to playing NL. After dropping 2 stacks at nl yesterday, I decided that I can play 5/10 limit now and beat it. I threw away a bunch of bb's before just shutting down. I got ahold of myself and shut the site down. Decided I needed to stay away from cash games for a while and jumped over to Stars to play some $27 turbo sng's. I played 10 in total and was able to get 3 wins, 2 2nds and a 3rd. Finished that session up ~$125. Then had to head into work last night and I actually went home early after someone offered to close for me (thought they would make more money). I gladly said yes because the dinner rush had ended and I knew there wasn't going to be much business left. Was able to spend some time with my wife and gave her a good back massage since most of the time she is asleep when I get home. After a bit, she started fallign asleep and I fired up a couple tables. My head was clear and got that stupid crap out of my thoughts. Played for about an hour and a half and was able to grind out 1.25 buyins. So now it is time to get back to the plan of playing solid poker, taking time in my decisions and thinking things through properly.

FT: $2123.29
Stars: $661.98

Total: $2785.27

No comments: